Apr 17, 2009
Starmark Receives National Recognition, Ranking as a Top Diversity-Owned Small Business
Recognizing the economic power of multicultural business, DiversityBusiness.com – the nation’s primary resource for small businesses and Fortune 1000 companies – has named Starmark International one of the Top Ten Woman-Owned Businesses in Florida. Regionally, Starmark is the second top woman-owned business in Fort Lauderdale, according to DiversityBuiness.com’s ranking.
The Fort Lauderdale-based integrated marketing communications agency took top rankings in six categories including:
- Top 100 Woman-Owned Business in Florida – 5th
- Top 100 Privately-Held Business in Florida – 58th
- Top 500 Woman-Owned Business in America – 100th
- Top 500 Diversity-Owned Business in America – 222nd
“Diversity-managed businesses are a growing force in the U.S. economy, and being one of the top diversity businesses in the country is something we are extremely proud of,” said Peggy Nordeen, President of Starmark International. “This honor is only one of the many things setting Starmark apart, and we hope it shows how valuable the concept of cultural diversity is, not only to us but to business in Broward County.”
Starmark will be honored at the 9th Annual National Multicultural Awards Ceremony and Conference, April 29 – May 1, 2009 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Orlando, Florida.
Nationally, Starmark competed with more than 650,000 businesses for this year’s 9th annual DiversityBusiness.com’s Top 500 (Div500) Awards. The Top Business Awards are based on annual gross revenue and business profile.
About Starmark International
Starmark International is a full-service integrated marketing communications agency that specializes in the seamless integration of multiple marketing disciplines, including advertising, public relations, interactive services, branding, direct response and custom media. The agency’s additional capabilities include strategic consulting, research, media planning and buying, as well as relationship and channel marketing services. Founded in Chicago in 1978, Starmark is one of only three companies ever named to Inc. Magazine’s “INC 500” Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies seven times. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Starmark also has offices in Celebration, Florida, Washington, D.C. and Tallahasee, Florida. For more information, visit www.starmark.com or call 954-874-9000.
- Generating charter school enrollment leads for the 2020-2021 year September 17, 2021
- Creating a Dynamic Brand Presence for a New Community Movement September 8, 2021
- Digital ad numbers skyrocket with demand August 5, 2021
- Apple podcast subscription entry signals growing audio popularity July 26, 2021
- Tourism Marketing Efforts for Amelia Island Earn Three Adrian Awards July 16, 2021