1. Information We Collect
To better serve Website visitors, Application users and other users, Starmark collects several basic types of information from our users:
- User Content: You understand that much of the information that you make available to us on your Social Media Sites is submitted precisely for the purpose of disclosure, marketing and distribution in a variety of ways by Starmark through the Application, and therefore you agree that such information is not subject to any confidentiality obligation. You also agree that all information displayed on your Social Media Sites is for public display and you do not consider it confidential information.
- Personally identifiable information: This is information that personally identifies one individual from another. This information is voluntarily provided to us by you. Generally, Starmark may collect and use any information displayed publically on your Social Media Sites. Starmark does not rent or sell any of this information to anyone. We also log user’s IP addresses which are transmitted to us when viewing the Website and your date and time of use each time you use the Application.
- Aggregate user and tracking information for Starmark: This information gives us insights on how our Application users and Website visitors use our site, our Application and our other products. This data is anonymous in nature and does not contain any personally identifiable information. We use this information to ensure that the Website, the Application, e-mails and marketing efforts continue to appeal to our Sponsors, users and others.
- Other Information Starmark Collects: When you visit the Website, we automatically collect some information about your visit using cookies, web beacons, log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies. When you use the Application, Starmark collects information about your mobile device so that Starmark can continue to develop the Application to work on a broad number of devices.
2. Social Media Account Information
When accessing your Social Media Account, Starmark may collect your friend count and location. This information is only used within aggregate statistics and never on an individual basis.
Cookies are files that contain small amounts of data. If your browser is configured to accept these files, they are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Starmark uses these data files when you visit our Website to anonymously identify you. By using cookies, Starmark is able to:
- Completely support and enhance your visit to our Website.
- Better measure how many users view and navigate our Website.
- Better measure how effective our online marketing campaigns are performing.
4. Tracking Pixels
As a means of measuring the efficacy of the online advertising and marketing campaigns that Starmark employs, we may also allow third-party advertising companies to use a single-pixel image file on our Website to collect information about your visit. This information is anonymous in nature. It only identifies actions being performed on our Website. It does not tie actions back to any individual user of our Website. No personally identifiable information is collected during this process. Certain Starmark marketing and confirmation e-mails may also contain a single-pixel image file to detect when and whether you’ve opened the e-mail. Starmark may also track clicks from e-mail communications using an internal or third-party tracking system. Starmark uses this personal information to continually assess and improve the Application we offer.
These tracking mechanisms are used to ensure that the Website and e-mails continue to provide relevant content that is interesting and useful to our users.
5. Log file analysis
6. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information will be kept on file for more than 60 days in order to better personalize the messages that are displayed to you, and to help us identify loyal users.
7. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
8. Information from Third-Party Sources
Starmark may periodically add or update information about you obtained from third-party sources. Examples include updated address, business address or other information from such business partners or other third parties; or credit history information from credit bureaus.
This information can help us accurately fulfill requests and deliver Messages to you that we think will appeal to you
We also receive aggregate information such as page views, search terms and click-through information from sources, such as companies we advertise with.
9. How Starmark Uses the Information We Collect
Starmark may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for business purposes including, without limitation, for the following business purposes:
- Answers to your questions.
- To improve the quality of your Website visit.
- To complete your request.
- To notify you of any changes to your requests.
- To create your Starmark user account on our servers.
- To send marketing communications and purchase confirmations that you have opted-in to or otherwise agreed to receive.
- To send surveys to you.
- To update your user account with any information we receive from you or from third-party sources about you.
Additionally, Starmark may use your personal information and non-personally identifiable information it collects during your Website visit, Application usage, during your interaction with our e-mails or during your interaction with our third-party marketing efforts for other purposes including without limitation, the following:
- To provide marketing reports, demographic reports and other information to Sponsors to demonstrate the effectiveness of Starmark and usage and of individual Messages.
- To better monitor in the aggregate the effectiveness of our Messages, advertising and marketing campaigns.
- To better monitor in the aggregate how visitors and users are using our Website.
- To ensure that our Application and Website and e-mails continue to provide relevant content that is interesting and useful to our Sponsors and users.
- To uncover and diagnose problems with our servers.
- For day-to-day system administration needs.
Special note: Information we collect on how you use our Website does not include personally identifiable information unless you choose to specifically provide us with such information. We do not use personally identifiable information to deliver targeted advertising.
10. Additional Uses of Personally Identifiable Information
Additionally, Starmark may use your information, including personally identifiable information, for special purposes. Below are a few examples of special purposes:
- In disclosures to law-enforcement agencies when required by law.
- In disclosures to law-enforcement agencies and/or credit card companies in cases of fraud or in other cases where an individual poses a threat to the interests of Starmark, its users or its Sponsors.
- To resolve disputes.
- If you prefer your web browsing patterns on the Website to be tracked anonymously or if you prefer for your web browsing patterns to not be tracked in this way, or if you prefer that your personally identifiably information and Social Media Site information not be used by Starmark as provided herein, then you are not authorized to use the Website or the Application and you are directed to leave the Website and cease using the Application immediately.
11. What Information Starmark Shares.
- Starmark does not rent or sell any of your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Starmark may share personally identifiable information to third parties who provide or offer other applications on our behalf. We may also share your personally identifiable information with business partners with whom we jointly market products or advertising. We may share information about you, including your personal information, with those business partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of third party business partners and recommend you evaluate their practices before deciding to provide your personal information.