Sep 1, 2015
Florida tourism marketing best of the best
Starmark has taken top honors once again at the Visit Florida Govenor’s Conference on Tourism, which was held August 31st. The team, along with our client the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau (GFLCVB) took home the “Best of Show” award for the ground-breaking LGBT campaign, “Love is Love.”
Celebrating Florida’s recent marriage equality ruling, the campaign was the first of its kind, inviting 100 couples of all loves to exchange vows on beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach. Campaign elements included videos, print and digital ads touting the headline “Finally, We All Do,” and a microsite where couples could enter to win.
At the Love is Love ceremony, (which took place just one month after the court ruling) NSYNC member and Dancing with the Stars alum, Lance Bass, delivered a moving address on the meaning of love as the event’s official “Love is Love” ambassador with his new husband Michael Turchin. A highlight of the ceremony was the pronouncement that the couples were all legally married, which was celebrated with an all out beach ball toss.
Additional wins for Starmark were a Henry for Love is Love in the mixed media campaign category; a Silver for Momentos Sunny (Latin American video series), a Silver for the GFLCVB Digital Magazine and Vacation Playbook; a Silver for the Destination Marketing Luncheon; and a Bronze for “The Beach Looks Good on You” Washington D.C. experiential event.
- Generating charter school enrollment leads for the 2020-2021 year September 17, 2021
- Creating a Dynamic Brand Presence for a New Community Movement September 8, 2021
- Digital ad numbers skyrocket with demand August 5, 2021
- Apple podcast subscription entry signals growing audio popularity July 26, 2021
- Tourism Marketing Efforts for Amelia Island Earn Three Adrian Awards July 16, 2021